Jul 5, 2014

Maybe I would've enjoyed taking the SAT more if it had questions like, "Have any of your blood relatives (parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins) ever committed murder or had diabetes?"

Since I'm supposed to be telling people I'm in a neck rehabilitation program, I'll let you know that I'm in a neck rehabilitation program. Because my neck likes whiskey and making anti-semitic comments to cops. (Joking.) But after 30 years of migraines and 15 years of various sinus, ear and allergy issues occurring alongside my migraines (despite clear CT sinus scans and also not actually having any allergies) that I have now been told are really my migraine aura (because of course I can't have the flashing lights and floating blobs and light sensitivity like a regular migraine sufferer), I have hit my limit on vomiting in my car and crying in front of my children because my entire head is pulsating and feeling stabbed and giving me vertigo and I need some experts to figure out what's damaged in my body that is causing all this crap. So now I'm going to three appointments a week to fix a bulging disc in my neck and heal the nerve damage that's (supposedly) causing my migraines and all the awful aura symptoms that go with them. And in case I never appear on here again, it's probably because I am bad at answering general psychological questions and erroneously (or not?) got sent to a psych hospital.

2 comments:

Gleemonex said...

Christ, that sounds rough -- I'm really sorry you've had to go through all this. Best of luck with the neck-wrangling -- nobody ought to have to suffer like that, especially not somebody as awesome and kickass as you.

francine said...

Aw, shucks. Yeah, migraines blow big time but hopefully I'll get all straightened out soon (or I'll end up with a lobotomy in the looney bin, either way a win)!